Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Schmalentines

Anyone else with me on the bah-humbug towards V Day? I stick hearts on the window to be festive for the little ones. Begrudgingly do the dog and pony act for the hand-outs at school. Heck, I even mailed a box of chocolates to Girl #1 (child #2) who is away at school (with a big pink heart glued to the outside just to make it more festive)! For myself and my dear spouse I truly could not care less. It's just so manufactured. Or maybe I'm just too blase to gear up for romance, I do have nine kids you know. Heck, hubby gets off easy compared to the plethora of dudes I saw scrambling for cards and chocolate at the drug store yesterday.

Maybe next year I'll recognize pre-V Day for my hubby; because I'm sure I will love him more that day than the next. 13th just sounds more loving than 14th dontcha think? Do I sound mean?



Quote of the day:

(at the pediatric dentist this morning)

Boy #5 hops up in chair, looks earnestly at the hygenist and declares "actually, I don't think I want you to do the brushing thing today. I don't really like it that much." He lost, she won. Or maybe he won since he walked out with a big, shiny red heart-shaped helium balloon.


Now wouldn't THAT be some heart-shaped balloon?? Ew, kinda.

No comments: